Thursday, September 12, 2019

~34 And Alive~

Looking At The Bright Side
10th September : Apparently it is Suicide Prevention Day. What a total joke. Joke's on me. 😂😂

I turned 34 yesterday. Currently reading My Friend Leonard by James Frey. It's a sequel to A Million Little Pieces. Both the books are totally mind boggling, thought provoking and raw. So raw you literally feel you are bleeding emotion. Every damn flow of thoughts is relatable and deep.

Referring to the book, when James (the author) got a promotion while working at a bar, he bought himself a cake and buried his face in it. I thought that was an absolutely simple but a satisfying deed and decided I should get myself a fucking cake and devour it all by myself. And I did. Though it didn't change a thing about the thoughts of my birthday, I felt good about it. It made me smile. It made me happy.

Why 34 and Alive? Coz that's the bitter truth. I could have died anytime in between my birth up till now but I did not. I survived every fucking thing thrown at me. I survived every emotional turmoil I was put through by dramas, books, people and everyday incidents. Hence, it's a fucking achievement, just to be alive.

Period.

No comments: