Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I was admitted for the past 3 days due to ear infection. Had some massive painful days with the blood taking attempts (Being pricked 4 times, and fixed with IV and being bleeded through it is not a nice experience at all )

My hand got swollen the following day and injection through it was massive HELL OF A PAIN. I admit, I cried my ass off to sleep (Thank God everyone was gone home by then). My hands are still swollen till now and I'm happily typing to glory. LoLz!

There's no place like home!! I realise this before I got myself admitted but I still feel I have to remind so many people about this whole truth! Many reasons :

  1. At home, I'm able to take my daily "annual bath" in peace (though mum bangs on the door sometimes) regardless how long I take. In hospital, it's either the nurse is banging on the door, someone is there to visit me or my neighbour bed patient is banging on the door to use the washroom. *sigh*
  2. At home, there's no one to wake my ass up in the wee hours to check on my blood pressure and temperature and inject antibiotics and torture me with my horribly swollen hand.
  3. At home, I don't have to flip the TV1,TV2,TV3,NTV7,Tv8,ESPN(Heck, I barely watch these channels),Discovery,Vaanavil, Cartoon Network again and again, looking for what's worth watching.
  4. At home,I don't have to get up 7am just to let the nurses change the bedsheets.
  5. At home, I don't have to explain my condition to each and everybody again and again like how I explain to the attendants and cleaners whom ask me.
  6. At home, I don't have to worry about both my darling phones dying off, as I can charge them anytime I want and let them ring happily instead of the STFU mode.
  7. I don't have to limit my movements(due to the swollen hand and severe pain) and just lay on the bed, eating every 2-3 hours. Hospital food was AWESOME. Honestly, I liked all the food served. *Thumbs up*
  8. Not seeing/driving Eva makes me go restless and insecure!! I felt I got my life back the moment I got home and set my eyes on Eva. =) =) *Awwwww*
The whole hospital stay was not a bad experience, though I faced with so much of pain. The nurses were awesome. They were so friendly and considerate, massaging my hands everytime they were giving me injections, asking my progress though they've already have the progress report by the doctor. Such sweeties!! I really felt like I was home, but for some issues mentioned above =) =)

I'm glad I'm home. That's for sure!! The next 1 week will determine wether I'll be going back for admission or not. =(
*Keeping my fingers crossed*

These are for the 7B ward nurses : Thank you ladies!! For making me feel at home!! =)


glitter-graphics.com

No comments: